This Page

has been moved to new address

Tanks make things go boom

Geek in media is no more... long live Geeky.ly

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Geek in Media: Tanks make things go boom

Friday, 10 June 2011

Tanks make things go boom

Let me just start with the new Battlefield 3 video.


I must say I'm slightly shell-shocked. The Frostbite engine clearly has a lot to deliver. We've got particles everywhere, lighting effects, ballistic forces affecting weaponry an a whole plethora of sound effects.

If anything can knock Call of Duty from it's perch then this is the game to do it.

I must have put over a hundred hours into Battlefield 2 on the PC but nothing else in the series ever really grabbed me. (even Bad Company) The reasoning tended to centre around the clunky controls and slightly linear options (despite having a pseudo-sandbox to explore)

But this looks and seems like it will feel smooth and engaging. The video snippets we've seen has shown a kind of set piece battle format that I've been waiting for in a game.

November is going to be a very, very interesting month for gamers.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home